Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Stitch.... Stitch.....

Not too much exciting going on around here. Just been trying to stitch as much as possible. Since my last post, I worked last Thursday at the LNS - The Sunflower Seed and pretty much finished up the inventory. Been out to eat a couple of times and played bingo at the local American Legion. I used to play at an Indian Bingo parlor several times a month, but they closed, so have not played much in the last year. Actually won $20. Had to split a pot. That is usually the way I do it. I guess I am just generous.

Thursday evening I started Block 4 of VoHRH. Here it the progress as of about an hour ago. Sorry for the goofy looking picture. I stitch in hand and it has been rolled up and on the other side the material is so big that I roll/fold it so it is not so cumbersome. Too lazy to heat up the iron to press.

Here is the progress on Spring Snapperland. Have one block done and started another. This stitches a lot faster than VoHRH. Not so much solid stitching and it makes it seem to go faster.
Last Friday I picked up the Shop Hop Sampler to stitch for The Sunflower Seed. It is a rather large design with 6 parts to it. I will not be able to show pictures of the progress until just before the Shop Hop the first weekend in May. So far, I might have the lst of the 6 parts about 1/2 done.

I also signed up on the wXSw Yahoo group for the Mystery Sampler designed by Helga Mandl and Barbara Ana. The 1st of 4 parts became available today. I have it downloaded and printed, but have not started it. If I remember right the other parts will come out every 1-2 weeks until we have it all. The first part looks like it is going to be really nice. Will try to get a little stitching done on it tomorrow. We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow and tomorrow night, so I will have all day tomorrow to stitch. Had a church meeting cancelled because of the impending weather. Not a bad storm, but most of the ladies in my group are older and we just decided we did not need any of them to fall.

Today was Tuesday and the day I am to stitch, at least one hour, on Pink Blossom Sampler for my friend Sandi. I almost forgot to do it. So I started working on it right after lunch and I bet I had not put more than one or two stitches in and she called. No, she was not calling to remind me to stitch on her present. We talked for awhile and then I had to tell her that I had been stitching on her piece. Then she felt bad that she had interrupted. I think she thinks that it will never get done. I ended up stitching probably 1 1/2 hours on it today. It is such slow progress doing those Rice Stitches and Eyelet Stitches to make the alphabet. Maybe after next week's stitching I will take a picture of the progress.

Working again on Thursday at The Sunflower Seed. Mary that usually works on Thursday has hurt her back (herniated disk), so I may be working several Thursdays. Also Anita is getting ready for Nashville Market the first part of February, so may be working a little more helping her get patterns ready. She will be releasing 8 new designs at that market.

Trying to keep this shorter, so I am off to stitch. Maybe will start the Mystery Sampler.

Happy Stitching to all!!!!

8 comments:

Sue said...

You're off to a great start on Block #4 and your Spring Snapperland looks great ;)

Mel said...

Great to hear that you are getting progress on a number of projects. every stitch counts!

Michelle said...

Great progress on your projects.. I've stitch some on Home and I just love the colors and the fabric that was chosen for me :)

I can't wait to see Anita's new designs..

Have a great day and stay warm!

Michelle

Ranae said...

Both the WIP's are looking great. I too am doing the mystery SAL. I downloaded and printed part 1 today. I just joined and Helga sent tme the supply list on Saturday. I ordered the fabby off online, so I have to wait for that. Looks like it will be fun.
Take Care!!

CritterLady62 said...

Your pieces look wonderful. Good luck on getting a bit of time in on everygthing.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Both of your projects look great!

Kajsa said...

Your WIP's look great! It always seems like you get a lot of stitching done.

Courtney said...

I came across your blog and was wondering if you had the part 2 of the 2008 Mystery SAL with Barbara Ana and Helga Mandl? I missed that one :o(

Thank you for your time - I love your Spring Snapperland...that's in my rotation for this year!

[rubberkeyhole@gmail.com]