Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dreaded Visitor

Tonight I had a dreaded visitor that seems to be making the rounds. At least, I have read on a few other blogs that this same visitor has been to their place too. It it the dreaded "Stitching Frog". I had been humming along on my rotation of projects through the end of last week and the weekend. (It was dreadfully cold here all weekend, so I took advantage of that and spent most of my time inside stitching.) However, tonight the frog visited. I was working on the Shop Hop Sampler and found a major error. This meant about 30-45 minutes of ripping out parts of two different colors. There went some of my progress from the weekend. Now I have the error ripped out, but still need to go back and put everything back in. Surely I won't make the same mistake again. Actually for some reason this area had been hard to get in for some reason. Maybe it was trying to tell me I had made a counting error and I did not recognize it.

During the weekend, I did make some progress on VoHRH, Spring Snapperland and the wXSw Yahoo Group Mystery Sampler. The most being on VoHRH and the one I did the ripping on. I was too frustrated with the error and ripping to take pictures. Next time for pictures. Tomorrow is Tuesday so will have to spend one hour working on Pink Blossom Sampler. Will have to get it done in the morning, since I have an eye dr appointment in the early afternoon. He routinely dilates my eyes and that takes 4-6 hours to wear off. Makes stitching difficult. I escaped having it done last time, but not sure he will let me get by again.

Thanks for allowing me to vent about my visitor. Hope that I have knocked it down so hard that he is gone for a very long time and will not just move on to someone else. Also everyone is probably cheering, since this probably the shortest post I have ever done. Just don't have it in me tonight.

Hope everyone is staying warm. Seems like most of the nation is chilly. It is currently 12 with wind chill of zero. Brrr!!!!!! Keep warm by the fire and stitching to keep your hands warm.

P.S. Thanks for stopping by and for your many comments. They are greatly appreciated.

12 comments:

Sue said...

How can the "frog" still be at your house when he is so firmly planted at mine? I experienced him again yesterday also, I made a HUGE error on a piece and almost cried when I realized it. Took me over an hour to frog it out and then had to redo it. I hope he leaves both of our houses soon ;)

Michelle said...

Hey, the frog visited me too! My visit wasn't near as long. Stay warm!

Michelle

Mel said...

That darn frog. No fun at all.
Hope this weeks worth of stitching goes better.

Hazel said...

Oh I hate doing that. Poor you. Hope he doesn't come back for a long time. xx

DaisyGirl said...

I hate having to rip! I had to do that this past weekend! It's been cold here too, it's suppose to be 19 degrees tonight in GA. Brrr!
Have a great day!
Donna

TinaTx said...

Sorry about Mr. Frog visiting you. (yes the frog has to be male simply because he causes trouble!)
I had to take a few stitches out myself last night. Hasn't been too bad though since I haven't stitched much in the past few days.

Michele B. said...

The frog seems to be making the rounds because he was just visiting me - I had to take out three little motifs on my JBW Designs Christmas tree. And now I ran out of floss - it must be his fault! Hope you are rid of him by now.

Marie said...

HI Kathy,
Stopped by to "vent" about my block #3 VoHRH and had to laugh...I too have been ripping out mistakes, over and over on this nasty brick house...I am so ready to move on to #4. Having missed the 1/1 dealine I am shooting for 2/1 completion of block 3. If I do not hav any more mishaps I should meet this deadline.

Wanda said...

Sorry to hear about your frog, nasty critters hope he gets out!

Kajsa said...

I hear you about the weather! At least we are getting a break now.

So sorry that the slimy critter has decided to stay for a while!

Meari said...

Sorry to hear about the froggie visit. :( Hopefully, he'll move on and not make a repeat visit soon.

Michelle said...

Is that frog still visiting? I hope you're doing okay -- you are probably happy about your BB team..I lost my bet with a friend, I had KU, oh well.

Michelle