As I related in my last post, I did not quite get Block 3 of Village of Hawk Run Hollow done by the end of December as planned for my SAL. The last few days I have been trying to stitch like a mad woman in hopes of finishing it just a few days into the next month. That way I would not throw off the schedule for Block 4 in January. Much to my despair I came to the realization tonight that I was going to run out of one color of the Vikki Clayton silk before I finished Block 3. The sign for City Hall is solid stitching and I do not have quite enough to finish it. Ugh!!! LNS will get it ordered tomorrow, but I will not totally finish this block until I get more thread. Guess I will move on to Block 4 when I complete the few other stitches needed on the block. I am really disappointed. Had hoped to meet the schedule set out for the SAL. Maybe this is another reason I have not ever set much of a schedule for stitching unless it is a gift that is required at a specific date.
Spent most of the day today at the LNS helping with inventory. Getting closer to having it done. Now we have just to measure the fabric to determine how much we have on hand. Sometimes that can be a crazy job. Will be working one day next week, so hopefully will finish things up then.
Decided it was time to close-out 2007 stitching by listening my completed projects for the year. They have to be categorized, since I stitch for my self, store models for LNS-The Sunflower Seed and design models for the designer-The Sunflower Seed.
1. Now I Lay Me.... - La-D-Da
2. Letter "V" - M Designs
3. Freedom Rings - Trilogy Take Along
4. The Villa -Winter Snapperland/Bent Creek
5. BEER - Hinzeit
6. Sleigh Ride - Winter Snapperland/Bent Creek
7. The Chalet - Winter Snapperland/Bent Creek
8. My Sister and Me - Sweetheart Tree
9. January Quaker Odd - The Workbasket
10. Now I Lay Me Down - The Stitching Post, Book 7. (This is an old design, Copyright 1983)
11. 2 Mini-Flags - A Fox Originals
12 June Quaker Even - The Workbasket
13. 3 ornaments - Cranberry Christmas - Prairie Schooler
14. 1 ornament - Buttoned Up - Prairie Schooler
15. October Quaker Even - The Workbasket
16. My Needle & My Floss - Waxing Moon
17. Liberty Sampler - Lizzie Kate
18. Blocks 1 &2 - Village of Hawk Run Hollow-Carriage House Sampling
19. November Quaker Odd - The Workbasket
20. Blessed Are the Needleworkers - Kreinik Remember the Ladies Series
21. The Sampler Sampler - Bright Needle
The Sunflower Seed Shop Models
1. Forest Snowfall - Cottage House Needleworks
2. A Little Love - Plum Pudding Needleart
3. Toasty - 2nd Motif on a Zweigart panel
4. 2 motifs of the 5 motifs for our Shop Hop Sampler
5. A Posey Heart For You - Just Another Button Company
6. Just One More Stitch - Simple Stitches
7. Don't Cross Me - Simple Stitches
The Sunflower Seed Design Models
1. Shop Hop Mini Kit - A small design done as a kit that is only available during our Shop Hop
2. Sugar & Spice Girl Baby Sampler
3. Snips & Snails Boy Baby Sampler
4. Kansas X-Mas VI
5. Give Me A Home
6. Here Mousie, Mousie
7. Joann Fleischer Sampler (to be released at Nashville Market)
8. Un-named Sampler (as of today, we were trying to give this one a name. It will be released at Nashville Market)
9. Easter Blessings (to be released at Nashville Market)
Near the end of the year, I sort of got into a crochet mode. I finished one dishcloth and have a good start on a baby afghan.
There are not plans to set any type of goals for 2008. I just stitch on things as they come along or as I get the urge. The only real plan is to stitch the one hour a week on the Pink Blossom design I discussed in a previous post. One other thing that will need to be done this year is a baby sampler for my niece. The baby is not due til July and they won't know what it is until the end of February, so have not even given much thought to a design yet. Almost forgot about my VOHRH SAL. That is a block a month on that. Now all of this sounds like goals and I did not think I set goals. Oh well, we will see how things turn out.
This has again turned out to be longer than I planned. SORRY!!! Now it is time to put in a few more stitches in Block 3 and maybe spend some time organizing thread for the next block.
Thanks for stopping by and reading my ramblings. Happy New Year to everyone. Keep those needles hot. One way to keep warm in the weather that we have been having.