Friday, July 20, 2007

Finish and Start

A quick post before I go finish packing for our trip to South Dakota tomorrow. Several posts ago, I showed one of my mini-flags stitched. I picked them up at the framer yesterday. They are going to South Dakota as little gifts for two aunts. Several years ago, I did them for aunts on the other side of the family. So now I am finishing up with the other side. I love this little design. I got it during the 1st Iraq war. Have stitched it many times. Probably takes about 3 hours to stitch.

As promised last night, her is a picture of my start on Cranberry Christmas by Prairie Schooler. I could not do it exactly the way they charted it. It was charted with DMC, but I changed to Sampler-Cranberry and Weeks- Collards and Whitewash. I really like it so much better. The picture on the pattern showed it as really bright red. This is turning out way better. It is on 28-ct lambswool linen. This was a remnant from the LNS. It appears if I plan properly I can get 3 on this piece of fabric. Probably will finish as ornaments similar to how Prairie Schooler did them.
Thanks to everyone that visits my blog and for your nice comments. This has become lots of fun to do. It makes work at getting better with the digital pictures. Still have lots to learn, so my pictures sometimes leave a lot to be desired.

Off to finish packing, etc. so we can get off at a decent time on our 500 mile trip. Gives me time for stitching. Sometimes it is difficult when I have the dog sitting or laying on my lap. She insists on being on me the entire trip.

Happy stitching to all.

9 comments:

Stitch Wizard said...

Hi Kathy:

Your flags Cranberry Christmas are just beautiful!! Thank you for coming into my blog and for your nice comments!! I too like the overdyed threads so much!! You are doing a wonderful job on this!! Debby :)

Ranae said...

Your flag arefabulous and love the PS. Have fun on your trip.

Mary Ann said...

Love the flags, and really love the PS ornament you are working on! Have a fun and safe trip!!

Sue said...

Love your flags and your Cranberry Christmas looks wonderful. Have a nice trip ;)

Sarah said...

I really like the flags. Looks like something I would like to do for my son who is in Iraq right now. Where did you find it? The Cranberry Christmas looks great too!

Dawn B. said...

Love the flags and the other starts. Thanks for the comment. Hope you have fun on your trip.

Anonymous said...

Love your PS designs. Have a safe and fun trip.

Hannah said...

Hi Kathy! I love the ornament! Thank you for the comment on my blog. I'm going to link you :)

Meari said...

Very cute flag projects!