Saturday, March 8, 2008

Missing in Action

My how time flies when you are having fun. It has been almost 2 weeks since I last posted. I guess I have lost my blogging mojo. As I have said before, it seems to take me forever to do the pictures, upload and compose the post. So I have just not made the time to do it over the last week or so. I would rather be doing something else, like maybe stitching. I will try to do better in the future, but there are not guarantees. Actually, I have been keeping up with the reading of other blogs, but have been lazy about even commenting on them. Sometimes, I see what everyone is stitching and feel like I need to stitch faster to keep up with all the other stitching going on. You all are an inspiration to me.

Before my last post Michelle awarded me the "Best Blogging Buddies Award". Thank you, Michelle, the feeling is mutual. More about Michelle a little later. My instructions were to make the same award to four more blogging buddies. All the many blogs I read are my buddies, but i am going to narrow it down to four. Please don't be offended if you are left off this time.

I tag the following Tina, Ranae, Michele, and Julie. Sorry if any of you have been tagged before. Don't feel obligated to tag others. Just wanted to single out a few of you as my buddies. Julie is the person that got me started with this blogging thing.

Back to Michelle that tagged me. She lives in another state from my LNS, but her parents live in my city so she has shopped both in person and by long distance at the LNS. About 2 weeks ago when I was at the LNS for Monday night stitch therapy, I answered the phone. The person on the other end was inquiring about tuck pillows. Turns out it was Michelle. We had commented back and forth on each other's blogs, but had never talked person to person. It was great to actually put a voice to a name. She does come back and visit her parents now and then. I can hardly wait until she makes her next visit. I am sure we will be meeting in person. It was so great to talk with her after we discovered were talking to one of our blogging buddies.

Now to stitching progress. I completed another block of Spring Snapperland and have started the final block. Making good progress. It is easy to stitch on when I am at the LNS for stitch therapy or on my day to work when things are slow. We had a day of crappy weather on the Thursday that I worked a week or so ago and I got some done after doing some shop related work.

Block 1
Spring Snapperland

Block 4
Spring Sanpperland
Those orange things are carrots. LOL!!

Entire Snapperland

Still working on Shop Hop Sampler. I have started the 5th of the 6 blocks of the design. As mentioned before, we made some color changes and I had to frog some work. It looks so much better with the changes we made. VoHRH has not been touched for another couple of weeks. Now that I have taken some time off from it, I think going back to it will be easier. Tonight for a little break decided to put in a few stitches in Quaker Samplings I. In doing so, I found an error and had to frog out "K,L, M". Wasn't much of a way to compensate for my counting error. I would not have been happy with it otherwise. Now I can make a fresh start on those letters.

Here's the completed baby afghan for the grandson of one of my stitching friends. The baby arrived a week ago, so I will deliver to the grandmother on Monday night at stitching.

Lots of babies around. The owner of the LNS became a grandmother on Wednesday. I just happened to be at the shop helping her with something else when she got the call. That was very convenient. It allowed her to head out and be there when the little one arrived. A little girl, her first. My only niece is having a baby in July and they were to find out what it was this week. She called me last night to let me know she is having her second boy. She picked out the sampler for the first one, so we have been e-mailing back and forth regarding the design for this one. I think we have it figured out. Now to find time to get it done. I am starting out early enough that I should have it ready for the name by July. Have to order the pattern, but should have it in a week or so.

Here's hoping you are finding lots of time to stitch. I know a lot of you are getting winter weather, even when spring should be just around the corner. We got a dusting of snow yesterday, too. I am so ready for spring. Thanks for stopping by, reading and commenting. I will try not to whine so much next time and not wait so long between posts. Better think about hitting the hay since we get one less hour of sleep and/or stitching time tonight.

Happy Stitching !!!!!!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Ranae said...

Awww!!! Thanks so much for the award and right back to ya. I will try to remember to pass it on when I post, although I always seem to forgot to always add something to my post every single time. I love the Snapperland.
The baby afghan is beautiful.

Mel said...

Don't worry so much about updating Kathy, any update, any time is better than no update at all! :)
I also have a few wedding and baby items to stitch up, nice to know i'm not the only one!
Your progress pics look great.

Hazel said...

Oooh love the snapperland. I feel the same about blogland as you do Kathy. I get inspired but not enough time to blog or comment at the mo. xx

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your spring snapperland is looking great!

Lelia said...

Snapperland looks great!!! Such a beautiful blanket, too.

Michelle said...

Kathy,
You've been busy ~ no wonder we've missed you! So glad you liked your award..don't worry, I'll let you know when I'm coming for a visit.

Hugs,
Michelle

P.S. My friend did get a tuck pillow! Thanks for your help :)

Wanda said...

Spring Snapperland is looking great! It is hard when you want to do everything and you just can't find enough time.

Kim B said...

That baby blanket is so lovely and your stitching looks wonderful! You are multi-talented.

Marie said...

Hi Kathy, I have not blogged in a while, not sure I remember how;LOL.
Your Spring Snapperland looks great and I must say you did a lovely job on the baby blanket.
Re: VOHRH, I am working on block #4; I had skipped that and completed #5 so now I am playing catch up.
Now that I have returned from TX I am working to get back on track.
Hope all is well.

Michelle said...

Happy Easter Kathy!

Michelle